The [Tyrone, PA] Daily Herald

The current Daily Herald office, Pennsylvania Avenue, Tyrone. The office and printing facility of The Daily Herald newspaper was first located on the west side of Main Street (now Pennsylvania Ave.) next to the City Hotel (now City Hotel Park) until the building was destroyed by fire on July 4, 1880.

A new building was completed at 1018 Main St. (Pennsylvania Avenue) in January 1881. Since then, two parts were added to that building, occupying the space from Pennsylvania Avenue to Blair Avenue along Herald Street.

In December 2002, the Herald moved to its current location at 1067 Pennsylvania Avenue, which was previously occupied by Beneficial Finance. Before that, in February 1935, Fineman’s Ladies’ Apparel Shop opened on this site.

Photo credit: Virgie Werner, 2003

Interior of the Herald office, date unknown.

Photo credit: TAHS archives

Interior of the Herald office, date unknown.

Photo credit: TAHS archives