Gardner's Candy

Gardners Candies store, W 10th Street, Tyrone. Established by James A. “Pike” Gardner in 1897, Gardners Candies has been located at several different sites. When Pike died in 1951, his daughter and son-in-law took over the business. In 1969, the store was moved to its present location. On the premises is the Gardners Candies Museum. Exhibits and a video tape explain candy-making from its very beginning. In June 1998, Gardners Candies was purchased by Sarris Candy, Inc.

Photo credit: Virgie Werner

Gardner's Candies, 2011.

Photo credit: Bradley Maule