Paper mill

The original paper mill located at the north end of Pennsylvania Avenue in Tyrone, PA, was built by Morrison, Bare & Cass, was built in 1880. By the mid-20th century, it had become part of West Virginia Pulp & Paper, later known as Westvaco.

Photo credit: J. Simpson Africa, History of Blair and Huntingdon Counties, 1883, facing page 213.

 

Photo credit: Virginia Dollar

 

This view of the paper mill is looking east, across the shops of the Pennsylvania Railroad in Tyrone, PA. Note the roof of the roundhouse in the lower left corner.

 

After more than a century, the mill is now owned by Team Ten LLC and operated at American Eagle Recycled Paper.