Potaris Lunch

potaris lunch 1940s

The former Potaris Lunch, located on the 1200 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, Tyrone, Pennsylvania in the 1940s.

Note the pre-1940 Pepsi-Cola logo on the bottle cap image.

Valley Forge Beer was produced by the Adam Scheidt Brewing Company of Norristown, Pennsylvania. The brewery was founded in the late 1870s. After Prohibition, the brewery thrived, brewing Valley Forge Beer, Ram's Head Ale, and Prior Beer. The brewery's name was changed to Valley Forge Brewing Company in 1963. In 1968, the brewery was sold to Philadelphia's largest brewer at the time, C. Schmidt & Sons, who operated it until 1975, when it closed. Schmidt's continued to brew the Valley Forge and Ram's Head brands until the early 1980s, when Schmidt's itself closed.

Photo credit: Tyrone-Snyder Public Library