Study Brothers

study bros 1893

Study Brothers & Company, general merchants, were located at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 10th Street on the former site of the Jones Building and the present site of the Tyrone-Snyder Public Library. Founded in 1853, Study Brothers was the first large mercantile in the village of Tyrone. This view is from 1893.

Photo credit: Larrie Derman (Tyrone, Pennsylvania)