The Villa

villa 1960s

Prior to the construction of Interstate 99, The Villa was a popular and well-known restaurant and lounge on East 10th Street in Tyrone, Pennsylvania. The five-star restaurant began as a grocery store. The Panasiti family opened the restaurant in 1936. This view dates to the 1960s.

Photo credit: Dave Panasiti (Tyrone, Pennsylvania)

 

villa pc

A stylized version of the restaurant was featured on this advertising postcard.

Photo credit: Virginia Dollar