The Tyrone Area Historical Society is located in central Pennsylvania. Founded in 1990, the Society is committed to the stories of Tyrone, Snyder Township, Warriors Mark and Sinking Valley in Blair and Huntingdon counties. Our mission is to encourage the community to preserve and share the unique history of Tyrone and the surrounding communities.
'Twas the Night Before Christmas, a new exhibit of Christmas collectibles, is featured at the Tyrone History Museum this holiday season. The display is a local collection of unique and unusual holiday trappings, including a tree made of feathers, miniature ornaments, Santas on sleighs, and vintage gift boxes.
2016 Holiday Hours at Museum and Office
- Wednesday, November 23: Museum and Office closed
- Sunday, November 27: Museum open, 1-4 PM
- Wednesday, November 30: Museum and Office open, 1-4 PM
- Saturday, December 3: Museum open, 1-4 PM (Yuletyme Tyrone)
- Sunday, December 4: Museum open, 1-4 PM
- Wednesday, December 7: Museum and Office open, 1-4 PM
- Sunday, December 11: Museum closed, reopens Spring 2017
- The Office is open year-round, Wednesday, 1-4 PM
Directions to the Office and Museum.
Meet our Doughboy